Presépio is Portuguese for "Nativity Scene". Follow along as we build this year's version of a long family tradition. Mai e Pai (Mom & Dad, in Portuguese) started this tradition with just a few figurines bought in a Paris airport, to hundreds of pieces lovingly collected or hand-crafted over the decades and across two continents.

Click here for Wikipedia's description...


30 December, 2009

Baking, Painting, and Locks of Love

Aprons all around! Christmas presents for the Boston/Paris contingent this year was handmade aprons!
What does tis have to do with Presépio building, you might ask? Well, these are some of my finest helpers, and we often bake, paint, and otherwise keep busy doing very creative things.  They always inspire me!  And Y will be down to help with the all-important job of carefully putting it away till next year.

And in the spirit of giving, I finally got around to doing the Locks of Love donation...I was going to donate my beautiful tresses to Pantene, who require a mere 8" bequest, but when the salon, who normally charges $50, said if I could go a bit more drastic and sacrifice 10 full inches, the cut and styling would be totally free!! Well, with motivation like that, who could resist...
So here is my brand new coif. Good thing Lili gave me a beautiful scarf for Christmas - my neck is cold now!!  I hope this goes to good use!
For more info about donating, go here: http://www.locksoflove.org/ or here: NY Times article on hair donation
(Surprise!!)


And lastly, here are all of us (including the hairdresser) who went together to get our locks shorn:
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wowee! Congratulations for doing the Locks of Love! The added plus for you is that your new "do" looks fantastic! Out of altruism springs all good things which is the perfect entree into 2010.

    May this new year bring you, yours and all your devoted readers a very happy, healthy and peaceful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa,
    I just want to say to you that you look wonderful with this new haircut! I could not uderstand every words you wrote but I guess that I could understand the meaning. Congratulations!
    Happy New Year to you and all your family.
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!! I had no idea you were doing this!!! The hair that is. You'll have to talk to Emily who did it in 2005. And BTW - your hair looks great! You look a lot younger!!!! Carefree and with it!! Congrats! Still can't believe it! The tiara will look really, really good on the new look!

    ReplyDelete