Presépio is Portuguese for "Nativity Scene". Follow along as we build this year's version of a long family tradition. Mai e Pai (Mom & Dad, in Portuguese) started this tradition with just a few figurines bought in a Paris airport, to hundreds of pieces lovingly collected or hand-crafted over the decades and across two continents.

Click here for Wikipedia's description...


23 December, 2009

The Little People... 23 Dec

ave been so busy over the last few days, have not taken pics or updated - so sorry to haveb been depriving you all of your entertainment!!
Still have to run out for some more shopping, and need to makesure the varnish will be dry by Christmas morning on my presents, so this will be short and sweet!
I'll let the pictures do the talking - I've been concentrating on finishing the gardens, but have done many other little details.  Note A&S's house - Izzy, Winnie, Comet & her buddy Marzipan are all frolicking (or sleeping), and totally unphased by the deer eating Steve's beautiful plantings.
I have the duck crossing in place (by the lake in front of hte church) - it's hard to see because of my crummy photo skills, especially when rushed and in the wrong light...
And have been adding lots of deer and angels on the mountainsides.

But most important, the PEOPLE are arriving!  You'll see 2 of them, already beginning the long journey to bring more presents for thos less fortunate...
One has some flour sacks on his donkey, the other a baby pig in his wheelbarrow.  There will be lots more to come!  Ho ho ho!!



4 comments:

  1. Knowing how hard I worked all year to make my garden as wonderful as you see it, I am surprised you don't have a little people of me - gun in hand!!! Pow! Pow! Now you can lay one, or even 2 (I am a very good shot) of the deer down in place!!!! Venison anyone??? Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy!! I didn't realize how protective Steve had become of his home/gardens!! The village looks great and if you have any more time on your hands, come on over!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venison? Oh with pleasure... but from so far away only in thoughts, or shall I say, dreams??
    Graça

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve - you don't live in Texas anymore! People don't go around shooting deer out of their windows!
    Oh - unless you live in Danbury, of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete