Presépio is Portuguese for "Nativity Scene". Follow along as we build this year's version of a long family tradition. Mai e Pai (Mom & Dad, in Portuguese) started this tradition with just a few figurines bought in a Paris airport, to hundreds of pieces lovingly collected or hand-crafted over the decades and across two continents.

Click here for Wikipedia's description...


06 January, 2010

Epiphany has arrived - along with the Farol Sta Marta

The wise men are slightly delayed...
Watch the video to see why!
(And don't forget - you can skip around by clicking the tags - which I would highly recommend!!  Plus, those tags contain important information... ;) )

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this again, I think I was so overwhelmed with the enchanting singing of the Village People in that superb film that I was a bit overcome...hence I deleted my first post...

    I want to commend the videographer once again, as well as the participants for their impressive creativity - the large cloud covered being, possibly a visitor from the Middle East who'd made his way to the Presépio, was definitely one of the highlights for me!

    In addition, I have to say that the train shots - the panning and all - gave me a feeling of really being there! I felt as though I were on that train and as though I were on a mission...which put me in mind of one of my old favorite train movies: The Train (I hope the hyperlink attempt works this time) with Burt Lancaster and Paul Scofield.

    All who are able to visit The Village in person shall not be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete